Monday, May 17, 2010

Fashion Photography


Aestheticism is subjective.

What I consider beautiful others may not.

There is beauty all around us but many refuse to see it.


There is beauty in a molded face by a plastic surgeon

And there is beauty in the aged face of life.

There is beauty in our intellect

And there is beauty in our irrationality.

There is beauty in life,

And there is beauty in death.


It is up to us to find it.


For a moment I digress.

And forget about beauty and I focus my camera.

On a blistering cold evening I walk along the boulevard.

At the corner I see a woman, aged beyond her youthful aura.

Skin tanned as leather.

She blankets herself with a quilted fabric

That flows in the ocean breeze.

Near is a Dior advertisement telling me what beauty is.


But I refuse!

This homeless woman stands in front of me

Stares down the barrel of my lens

And I will tell you.

This person who is blistered, aged, and blanketed

Is beauty afar from our common consciousness.


3 comments:

erkart said...

What a wonderful appreciation for unconventional beauty. I'm glad you were there to capture it and share though poetry.

George Mikhail said...

thank you

Yasmin said...

This picture is so powerful Georgie and your writing.